Thursday, May 29, 2008

I think these crazy political links of the day could become my new running feature, replacing the old running feature that didn't run very long (as this one won't; for a so-called writer, I have a real difficulty carving out time in my day to add anything to these blogs 'o mine).

Here's today's, which highlights one of the fun things about having a home state like Montana to keep track of. When I saw there were three Democratic candidates for governor on the primary ballot, I was intrigued, since we have a fairly popular Democratic incumbent.

It didn't take much research to realize Schweitzer doesn't have a lot to worry about.

For example, check out the website of this team hoping to be Governor/Lt. Governor. I can't really add anything to the experience of reading the information on the site, except to say I don't think even they really believe they're going to pull in more than a dozen votes.

Then there's this option - two high school teachers who decided to get in the race to increase the debate about education policy (if you believe their story) or to allow Schweitzer to keep a chunk of his campaign funds (if you like political conspiracies, or even just stories where money makes every motivation a little fishy).

The teachers, however, put up a site that's not near as much fun to read as Bill and Steve.

No comments: